Before you write and submit a guest post at HistoryVille, read these guidelines to ensure that your post gets approved. Being a community blog, we always encourage upcoming writers, historians, to contribute an original article related to history in order to showcase themselves in front of a wide audience.
HistoryVille has been online since 2016 and is one of the most popular blogs in the history niche. The purpose here is to help you to reach out to a new audience base, share your talents, and perhaps most importantly, give something back to the public.
Let us share a few more reasons why contributing to HistoryVille is a good idea:
- We have over 400,000 people subscribed on various mediums (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube).
- We get over 10,000 page-views every week on our website.
- If your article is accepted, your work will also be promoted on our social media accounts, and via our newsletter.
- You can add a bio at the end of your article to promote yourself, your website, blog, or whatever takes your fancy!
How can you become a HistoryVille contributor?
To become a regular contributor at HistoryVille, here are some tips that will help you to get your article accepted and published:
- Visit our homepage and check out some posts to understand what kind of articles we publish here.
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
- You have to be versed in history or a genuine reader who has something to write and share.
- Here are a few of the categories that we accept posts from. Do remember to do a search on HistoryVille to avoid submitting already published articles.
- Nigerian History
- African History
- World (European, American, Asian, Australian, Middle East) History.
- Ancient/Middle Ages History
- Sports History
- Science History
- Interesting facts about People and Places.
Before submitting your article
Get in touch to finalise the topic or send me the outline of your content.
- Article Quality: Articles should be a minimum of 1000 words and should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles. We take quality as one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts. To ensure your article gets published, write a very original piece that is written specifically for the HistoryVille audience.
- Unique: The article you submit must be completely unique to HistoryVille and not published via any other blog, website, magazine, book, or similar medium.
- 55-word biography: You may write a 55-word biography which will be included at the bottom of the article. Please note that although we are happy to include a link back to your own blog or website within the bio, the link must point to a site that is relevant to the article!
- Credit: We respect individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Image: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it.
Submitting a Video
If you are a video blogger, you can submit your video script to HistoryVille’s Youtube’s channel. Just create a video (it could be on the categories listed above or a documentary about a person, or place) send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will tell you how to submit videos. You can head over to our YouTube channel to check out some of the videos we have published.
- Self-promotion: We allow genuine contribution and don’t allow any backlinks or anything of that sort. But you will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post/video to HistoryVille.
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from HistoryVille. Also, by submitting a post/video to HistoryVille, you give us copyright ownership of the post/video. This helps us to deal with any DMCA related issues.
- Comment: Comments are the conversations about your published article. Answer any queries related to your article via the comments. This will give you more exposure and help out your readers.
Ready to submit your article? Simply send it as an MS Word document to (email@example.com) with HistoryVille Guest Post as the subject.
If we are able to feature your article on the website, we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible and certainly within 21 days. If we don’t send you a publication date via email within 21 days of submission, we won’t be publishing your article on our blog, but we might be able to make use of it on our social media channels. Thank you in advance for your work and expertise.
HistoryVille reserves the right to:
- Edit a guest post before publication on the website for readability. Some mentions of specific products or brands may be removed or modified, and relevant internal and external links may be added.
- Reject a guest post we feel is not appropriate or relevant to the HistoryVille website.
- Reject a guest article where the bio contains irrelevant or inappropriate backlinks.
Please note that we do not charge a fee for publishing articles on HistoryVille, neither do we provide payment for articles which are featured on the website.
Please do not submit CVs or work experience requests – we are not hiring at this time.